To our Visitors and Guests – Welcome!
We welcome visitors and guests to Central United Methodist Church in the same spirit of hospitality that Jesus showed throughout his earthly ministry when he encouraged, fellowshipped, and ministered with/to all he encountered. The Central UMC family embraces all God’s children as fellow partakers in the kingdom of God. We take seriously our responsibility and commitment to joyful hospitality, as set forth in examples from both Testaments.
(Genesis 18:1-15; Matthew 15:22-28; Mark 10:13-16; Luke 15:11-32)
We greet visitors and guests during the announcements at the beginning of each service. Visitors are invited to note their presence among us by registering in our attendance pads.
Information about Membership and Baptism
- Adults and older teens may become members of Central United Methodist Church
- by profession of faith in Jesus Christ,
- by reaffirmation of faith after an absence from church life,
- by transfer of membership from another denomination or
- by transfer from another United Methodist Church.
- If a person has never been baptized, they will be baptized and received into membership at the same time, in a regular service of worship.
- Children and babies are baptized into the universal church of Jesus Christ and are considered “preparatory members” of The United Methodist Church.
- For more information or to schedule baptism, please contact the church office at 704-487-6336.
- We baptized by pouring or sprinkling; immersion baptism may be arranged on special request. We recognized the baptism of other Christian denominations, and so we do not re-baptize persons who come to us to become members.
- Adults and teens who receive baptism are invited into full membership at the time of their baptism.
- Teens (6th grade through 12th grades) and their parent(s) are invited to participate in a period of preparation for confirmation – when they are invited to make their own profession of the faith into which they were baptized. Those not previously baptized will be at the same time as their profession of faith.
- If membership is desired, please submit the membership form HERE and contact the church office at 704-487-6336 and ask to speak with our Pastor for an appointment and discussion on The United Methodist Church and in particular Central UMC.
If you’re interested in joining Central UMC, please click here to download and print the Membership Information Form. You may give it to the pastor, drop it by the church office, Monday-Thursday 9-4 or Friday 9-1, or mail it to Central UMC, 200 E. Marion Street, Shelby, NC 28150.
Online Giving and Draft Authorizations
Did you know that you can set up your weekly or monthly tithing automatically to transfer from your bank account to the church?
Click HERE to find out how.
Photo Release Form
We like to document all the wonderful things we do and share them on our newsletter, Facebook page and website. If you haven’t already filled out a Photo Release form, please click the link below to download the form and turn it into the office. Thank you!
CUMC Photo Release form