We currently have the following job opportunities available. Our mission is to make disciples of Jesus Christ who worship God, grow in their faith and serve in the church and the world. Thank you for your interest in working at Central UMC.
Coordinator of Children’s Ministries
The Coordinator of Children’s Ministries works under the Deacon (Director of Discipleship & Outreach) along with other staff and congregational leaders in the areas of children’s ministry. The position is 12 hours per week and requires Sunday attendance.
- Bachelor’s Degree in related field preferred or comparable experience in a related field
- A deep and personal faith in Jesus Christ
- A heart for children
- A passion for ministry and a proven track record for building relationships
- A knowledge of the Christian faith within the Wesleyan tradition and comfort within the United Methodist Church structure
- A working knowledge of Microsoft Office Products
- Work with Deacon/Director of Discipleship and Outreach to develop Sunday School, Godly Play, Vacation Bible School, Third Grade Bible class, Worship workshops, special events, and new children’s ministry opportunities
- Assist in procuring curriculum, resources, materials and supplies for all Children’s Ministry
- Coordinate schedules and train Nursery workers and volunteers
- Coordinate and train all staff, children, youth ministry leaders and volunteers in Safe Sanctuary practices, including keeping current background checks on each person
- Assists in preparing budget for Children’s Ministry
- Coordinates with Communications Director necessary publicity and informational needs
- Assist in shared and general tasks needed for Children’s Ministry
Applicants may send resumes to:
Mark Barden, Central United Methodist Church, 200 E. Marion Street, Shelby, NC 28621
Or email to: [email protected]
We are looking to hire qualified personnel for Sunday Mornings and Special Events to keep our nursery. Must love children and pass a background check. Contact Rev. Fawn Mikel at 704-487-6336 or [email protected] for an application.